Celebrate West Windsor's 225th Birthday!
Our town turns 225 in 2022 - let's celebrate! The Historical Society is leading a full year of commemorations for local history! Click the following images to RSVP to upcoming events and see the calendar below for the full itinerary! Most events are free to the public. Past events are below the calendar. A list of institutional Year 225 sponsors is HERE.
- Ongoing: WEST WINDSOR HISTORY BOOK: Publication of our full-length book on West Windsor history! CLICK HERE to purchase!
- Sept. 24, 11AM-12:30PM: WEST WINDSOR HISTORY DAY: - Have your kids learn about our indigenous predecessors! CLICK HERE to learn more!
- Sept. 24, NOON-4PM: WEST WINDSOR COMMUNITY DAY: Visit our booth at this township event to learn about us and how to join/support! CLICK HERE to learn more!
- Nov. 12, 6PM-10PM: MAYOR'S BALL: A fundraising gala replete with history, food, dance, music, and fun! CLICK HERE to learn more!
- Ten Crucial Days: A Revolutionary Lecture (Jan 3, 7PM) - Zoom lecture on the American Revolution's local dynamics between Dec. 25 1776 & Jan. 3 1777. Presented by author & historian Larry Kidder.
- Lenni Lenape - a 12,000 Year Odyssey (Jan 24, 7PM) - Virtual lecture on New Jersey's - and thus West Windsor's - original residents. Presented by Professor Richard Veit.
- Glen Acres - Integrated Community (Feb 15, 7PM) - Virtual film/panel on a deliberately integrated West Windsor community established in the 1950s in response to housing discrimination in the Princeton area. Panelists included longtime Glen Acres residents.
- Private Schenck Farmstead Tours (Feb 26/27, 12-5PM) - Private tours of the West Windsor History Museum at 50 Southfield Road - one month before open houses begin anew!
- Stranger Stop and Cast an Eye (March 7, 7PM) - Virtual lecture on cemetery architecture and archaeology throughout New Jersey, including examples in West Windsor. Presented by Professor Richard Veit.
- West Windsor History Museum Open House (March 20, 1-4PM) - Open House of the West Windsor History Museum!
- We Are Still Here (March 28, 7PM) - Zoom film/panel on Nanticoke Lenni Lenape indigenous history, culture, sovereignty, challenges, and misconceptions. Presented by Rev. Dr. John R. Norwood
- Remember the Ladies (April 4, 7PM) - Zoom lecture on women, healthcare, medicine, and childbirth in colonial times and the American Revolution.
- Trolley Line Trail Historic Bicycle Tours (April 23, various times) - Historic guided tours of the Trolley Line Trail (running along the PSEG power lines) - once the route of an actual statewide trolley line in the early to mid 1900s!
- Take a Hike (June 26, 9AM) - Nature tour of Zaitz Park/Preserve followed by private tour of the West Windsor History Museum!
- Unshackled (July 10, 11:30AM) - Lecture on New Jersey's Underground Railroad and slavery in West Windsor.
- West Windsor History Museum Open House (July 10, 1-4PM) - Open House of the West Windsor History Museum!