Join the Year 225 Planning Committee!
Note: If you have not already done so, please read the "Year 225" page before continuing here. If you're interested in helping West Windsor celebrate its 225th birthday, you've come to the right place! We enthusiastically invite any resident (yes, even and especially those not already members of the Historical Society) to join the Year 225 Planning Committee to help design, select, and oversee parades, speaker series, and more. Below are descriptions of the various subcommittees - the different groups overseeing various aspects of the planning and execution. At the bottom of this page is a form that you can fill out to join one or more subcommittees!
- Projects, Events, & Speakers: Leads the creation, development and execution of outstanding & high-participation projects, events, and speaker series.
- Community Outreach: Leads outreach to community organizations and institutions. Partners with them to promote and execute Year 225 community-building programs.
- Education: Works with the WW-P School District, School Board, and PTA/PTSA groups to develop programs and curricula that educate school-aged children about key elements of West Windsor history.
- Finance: Purpose - Drives sponsorships and fundraising to support HSWW and costs associated with official Year 225 activities and materials.
- Media/Communications: Purpose - Leads outreach to local media to drive interest in HSWW and Year 225 planning. Publishes compelling historical content. Leads branding and design efforts.